_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: CoverGirls at the 2015 Met Ball

Translate

Saturday, May 9, 2015

CoverGirls at the 2015 Met Ball


COVERGIRLS SOFIA VERGARA, KATY PERRY 
& JANELLE MONAE TAKE THE MET BALL


Earlier this week, COVERGIRL was on hand to get three of their CoverGirls ready for the 2015 Met Ball. Here are very easy "get the looks", created that night for Sofia Vergara, Katy Perry and Janelle Monae. 



SOFIA VERGARA - GTL (G-et T-he L-ook

I wanted to create a monochromatic makeup look for Sofia and really focusing on the eyes. I custom blended an eyeshadow that she has never worn on the red carpet before, a shimmery rose gold to perfectly compliment the gradation of her dress.

1. All the products I chose for tonight were based on the idea that it had to last for a very, very long time. I chose COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Luminous Foundation in Classic Tan, a new long lasting foundation, that leaves skin with a luminous finish and then I used a wash of bronzer to set the look and give Sofia that famous tan glow.

2. I used COVERGIRL Cheekers Blush in Rock N Rose along the top of the cheekbones, down to the apples of the cheeks to give brightness to her skin.

3. For the eyes I used COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner for a smoky look using its soft blender tip and I custom blended an eyeshadow for her to get the exact shade I wanted. I used #4 in COVERGIRL’s Eyeshadow Quad with #3 in the Blooming Blushes palette. The result was a rose gold that is perfect for anyone with an olive skin tone.

4. Defined her brows using Bombshell Pow-der Brow + Liner in Medium Brown and I finished with two coats of 
Full Lash Bloom Mascara by LashBlast , leaving her lashes voluminous and touchably soft.

5. Again, the lips have to last all night so I chose a fantastic, new long wearing lip color from COVERGIRL, Outlast Longwear Lipcolor in Plum Fury . First, I applied it all over the lip and then went back over with Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Beloved to define the edges and set the lip color in place.

KATY PERRY - GTL BY JAKE BAILEY


I wanted to create big dramatic eyes and went with a tawny, neutral palette on her skin, cheeks and lips and let the dress take care of the bright colors.

1. I began by buffing a small amount of COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation in shade, L5 all over her skin and neck to neck with a small kabuki brush to create a sheer glow on her skin.

2. I started the eyes by tight lining the upper lash line with COVERGIRL Intensify Me! Liquid Eyeliner by LashBlast , focusing it in the lashes rather than on or above them. This creates "invisible definition" to the eyes. I then used the COVERGIRL’s Eyeshadow Quad in Go For the Golds to create a golden bronze wash of color all over her lids and blended softly all the way to her brows. I used the darkest shade in the palette and blended it from the outer corners of her eyes outward toward the temple to elongate.

3. Added two coats of new COVERGIRL The Super Sizer Mascara by LashBlast to her top and bottom lashes for a gorgeous, false lash look.

4. I finished the eyes by shaping her brows with COVERGIRL Bombshell Pow-der Brow + Liner in Medium Brown .

5. Lastly, I blended COVERGIRL Clean Glow Blush in Spices onto her cheeks. I used the paler half of the compact on the apples and cheekbones and the darker half to contour under her cheekbones.

6. To complete the look I shaped her lips with COVERGIRL Lip Perfection Lipliner in Smoky and coating them with COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Tempting Toffee .

JANELLE MONAE - GTL BY JESSICA SMALLS


My inspiration for Janelle Monae's 2015 Met Gala makeup, was gorgeous skin! Nowadays everyone wants to be over made-up to and they forget how to embrace and accentuate their natural beauty. I wanted to use products and colors and played off Janelle's natural skin tone that would bring her features to life!

1. Properly prepped skin is the key to long lasting makeup. I prep Janelle’s skin to glow! I started by placing a hydrating brightening mask on Janelle’s face for approximately 10 minutes followed by a lightweight serum massaged into the face and neck. Then, to keep Janelle’s foundation looking fresh and flawless all night, I applied COVERGIRL’s Outlast All-Day Primer, which hits stores soon.

2. While the primer set, I started on Janelle’s brows with COVERGIRL Professional Natural Lash Mascara , using the wand to brush Janelle’s brows into the perfect desired shape. I then sprayed a little bit of holding spray onto a clean mascara wand in order to set the hairs in place.

3. For eyes, the COVERGIRL Eyeshadow Quad in Go For the Golds was used by applying Color #3 (a medium bronze) to Janelle’s lid. Then with a windshield wiper motion, I applied Color #4 (a deep brown) with a blending brush. I lined her eyes with COVERGIRL Perfect Point Plus Eyeliner in Black Onyx, holding the pencil on an angle to create a perfect, classic line. I finished by coating her lashes with COVERGIRL LashBlast Volume Mascara because its smooth application leaves no clumps! A second coat was added for extra volume.

4. Now that Janelle's skin is prepped and her eyes are complete, I start perfecting the skin with the COVERGIRL Queen Collection All Day Flawless 3-in-1 Foundation , which creates a smooth, flawless face that lasts all day.

5. I then used a soft fluffy brush to apply color #2 from COVERGIRL Eyeshadow Quad in Notice Me Nudes to the top of her cheek bones and to her lips cupid’s bow. It’s a perfect shimmery champagne color to use as a highlight.

6. And lastly, to add dimension to her face, I contoured with the COVERGIRL Queen Collection Natural Hue Bronzer in Ebony Bronze. It's a mineral rich shimmer without the shine, perfect for long lasting wear. I apply around Janelle’s hairline, under her cheekbone and along the jawbone, then slightly down the sides of her nose. A magical product that not only enhances complexion and controls shine, it adds just the perfect amount of sun-kissed glow to the skin! One of my favorite products and a definite must for my makeup artist kit.

7. To complete her MET Gala look I exfoliated her lips and then lined the lips by slightly filling them in (to give them definition). Next I applied the Uber-moisturizing COVERGIRL Colorlicious Lipstick in Hot 305. The emollients in the formula keep her lips gorgeous and smooth, and the color is the perfect way to stop the show!

No comments:

Post a Comment