_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: Winter & Flu Lip Care

Translate

Monday, December 2, 2013

Winter & Flu Lip Care

LOTS OF LIPS (and lip care)

The many faces of my lips, lol!
I sure wish that growing up, I knew then what I know now about a full plump pout: IT'S IN DEMAND! See, growing up I was teased to no end.

Plump pout even at 6 months old. 
I heard it all: bubble lips, duck face, even LIVER LIPS, but thanks to Angelina Jolie, I won't say I grew into them, but rather grew to love them (who's laughing now?) Since the skin on your lips is very thin, taking care of your lips is very important, especially while sick. Two weeks ago I had a bright idea and decided to get a flu shot. Wasn't too bright, since I was getting over a cold and that was like merging a tropical storm with a hurricane: EVCURLGURL DOWN! I not only felt like, but looked like the girl (Regan) in The Exorcist with cracked lips! No shame here: 

Flu kicking in....

Lip ripped and sore!
Feeling better, but still felt as if the life was sucked out of me!
Now I am known to carry a makeup bag solely with lip balms, but between, fevers, coughing, sneezing and nose-blowing, my lips got extremely dry and blistered. Thanks to my many reps who came to my aid, with an arsenal of top-of-the-line lip care. These are truly god sent, as they helped my lip heal JUST in time for Thanksgiving.

My daily lip pouch

Not even the collection of lip balm in my LV pouch were a match for my wreck lips. These listed below were ALL tested and loved by both my lips and me (thank you!)




CERALIP: ($17.99) Fragrance and paraben-free, formulated with beeswax and shea butter, used to treat extremely dry, irritated lips and can be used after medical treatments like chemo. Feels creamy and doesn't leave a white film on your lips.



ASAP Hydrating Lip Balm + SPF 15: ($15) This one also helps wage the war against the cold sores. The unique Alpine Rose ingredient helps to reduce the cold sore virus on skin cells, decreases the occurrence of these pesky lip problems over time. Powerful antioxidant and antiviral helps restore skin’s natural resilience while antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredient Bisabolol soothes and accelerates lip healing. Lips feel cool and hydrated.





Palmer's Cocoa Butter Swivel Stick: ($2.70) 

Now this came in handy for my delicate nose/lip area, and entire face. Ideal for dry skin touch-up moisturizing on the face and body as well as cracked, chapped lips and skin surrounding lips! 

Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Flavored Lip Balms: ($1.76) Comes in Regular, Dark Chocolate & Peppermint and Dark Chocolate & Cherry. Enriched with Vitamin E to help prevent and protect chapped, cracked or wind-burned lips. 

                                                   \

                                                         

Out of Africa's Pure Shea Butter Charity Lip Balms: (starting at $2.99) Delicious variety of vegan lip care in Orange Cream, Peppermint, Tropical Vanilla, Pomegranate + Acai and Strawberry & supporting children in West Africa. 


   

How did my lips look after all my diligent lip care? See for yourself: ALL SMILES and smooth, just in time to enjoy my turkey on Thanksgiving day! 

                            


~Evelyn Lugo

No comments:

Post a Comment