_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: NEW LOCATION: The Red Door & Beauty Boutique at Union Square

Translate

Friday, December 27, 2013

NEW LOCATION: The Red Door & Beauty Boutique at Union Square

"To be beautiful is the birthright of every woman."
~Elizabeth Arden

Ready for R-E-L-A-X-A-T-I-O-N

Now that the stress of the hustle and bustle from the holiday shopping season is over, or if you still have to get a gift for someone who truly deserves it (it's never too late), this Red Door Gal suggest Elizabeth Arden's new spa and beauty boutique: The Red Door, located in the heart of Union Square in New York City (200 Park Avenue South, at 17th Street.) Why? Because giving (or getting) the gift to be pampered, never fails! The Red Door is the epitome of serenity, bliss, heaven and harmony for men and women. 



Entrance
The Beauty Bar
The Red Door is a two-story,10,000 square foot townhouse of luxury that pampers you from the second you step in. If you need to be out in "a New York minute", expedited services are offered on street level, conveniently named SpeedUPStairs, which features a beauty bar, blow dry bar, makeup and lash bar and nail salon.) These treatments take under 30 minutes. Of course you see the signature Red Door Red everywhere, making the posh decor a pop! Services include the Bree-Zee Pass oxygen infusion mini facial, Lady Liperty lip facial, Westside Eyeway collagen eye refresher and The Eye Line lash extensions, among others.


Speed Nail Salon

If you desire full treatments, guests looking to unwind and enjoy a mini "staycation" can CalmDOWNStairs, the lower level named for soothing signature services. There, Red Door guests can indulge in customized facials and massages, like I did. Also, you can experience a professional cut and color, enjoy a cappuccino at the café or simply relax in the decompression lounge. I was given a tour and couldn't help but to ooooh and aaahhh. 

Decompression Lounge


Ladies Lounge
Mens Vanity

Treatment Room


What service did I choose? I wanted a facial, so I chose the Red Door's Microdermabrasion Facial, which is gentle polishing using a diamond tip wand. I know, I winced when I heard "diamond-tip" thinking that this is my face and not concrete, but I assure you it doesn't hurt. This technique minimizes fine lines, wrinkles, minor acne scarring and discoloration. My facial tech also used organic flower grain exfoliants on my skin and gave me a neck and shoulder massage. Afterwards, my skin felt smooth and I was ready to tackle my evening of events. 

Ready for my Microdermabrasion Facial

I love The Red Door Spa, as I once had the pleasure of enjoying their "Signature Escape" package (I received a Red Door massage, manicure, pedicure, shampoo, blow dry and make-up) at another location. They managed to "tame this mane" in under 30 minutes, by JUST blow-drying, from wet-to-dry (no rollers, which is a must for me.) This new location at Union Square is super convenient for me.

Pampered like a PRINCESS!

After my facial, I was asked if I wanted to refresh my makeup, but I declined as I wanted to keep that natural glow afterwards. I did however, opt to have The Red Door give me my very own Custom Color Foundation. What is it? It's Elizabeth Arden’s exclusive technology that uses The Custom Color Foundation analyzer, that's designed to perfectly blend a custom foundation that's matched EXACTLY to every client’s skin tone.


Custom Color Foundation Analyzer..

My custom color

This process literally took 30 seconds, if not less, with a series of pictures taken when the analyzer wand was held close to my cheek. Then the computer selected my very own custom foundation. Not only does it guarantee perfect skin tone match, but the formulation can be customized based on each individual’s needs and preferences. Available in three coverage levels (sheer, medium or full) with two finish choices (matte or natural) and the ability to add a mattifier or moisturizer depending on skin type (dry, normal or oily). This amazing system can also provide product recommendations and “makeup looks” based on each unique skin tone reading. I chose: sheer, in natural for dry skin. 




The Custom Skin Reader is a tool that provides detailed facial and skin feature analysis. It analyzes visible pigmentation levels, subsurface sun damage, visible pores, crow’s feet, the number and depth of wrinkles, and skin texture. Most importantly, it provides detailed product recommendations based on the client’s unique analysis and skin concerns, tracks the progression of visible skin health.

What are you waiting for? Call to schedule your appointment: 212-388-0222 or visit: www.reddoorspas.com for a complete detailed listing of services and pricing. 

~Evelyn Lugo

No comments:

Post a Comment