_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: September 11, 2011 - I'll Never Forget

Translate

Thursday, September 11, 2014

September 11, 2011 - I'll Never Forget

REFLECTING AND REMEMBERING
 WORLD TRADE CENTER 9/11


What a way to switch gears: fresh from 63 NY Fashion Week shows - to the 13th anniversary of the September 11th attacks. Talk about screeching brakes on a runaway freight train! As a survivor, it's never easy especially when you were in the building that day (south tower 2, 35th floor ABM. We were hit second, but fell first) and lost so many friends and colleagues. If no one can forget, how can we? I mean it when I say I'm "No fuss, no muss - with Smiles for Miles" because at this point NOTHING or no one can possibly break my spirit after that.

The sounds, sights and smells of that day are something straight out of a horror movie that replay over and over, no matter how hard you try to shut it out. It is for this reason, that at this point I stopped explaining "my story" to all those that ask me "oh my God, I didn't know you worked there - what did you see/how was it like?" I've told my story so many times and apologize to all my new friends who would like to know. In due time, just not today. Today is a day where I don't answer many calls, remember and reflect, so I go into "stealth mode." I think I've earned that right.

For all my brand reps, rest assured that I am working very hard now that my NYFW run is over, to bring you all the amazing recaps. As always, you can expect INDIVIDUAL articles, PER SHOW (no round-ups) as I was invited to each show individually, so you deserve the same respect. I'm on it so please stay tuned.....

~Evelyn Lugo

No comments:

Post a Comment