_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: NYFW Survival Must-Haves

Translate

Monday, September 15, 2014

NYFW Survival Must-Haves

MY TOP NYFW PRODUCT PICKS:
WHAT WAS IN MY BAG?

My friend Nicole always tells me "Ev, be careful what you wish for dear..." and she was right. This NYFW season was everything I wished for and way more than I could handle: 62 shows in 7 days! There were days where I don't know where I found the strength to even get out of bed. I would leave my apartment at 6:00 am, to return at 11:00 pm - and do it all over again the next day. It took an arsenal of products to get me through the first few days, until I realized what else I needed as the week progressed. These got me started: 
1. BUILT NY DUFFLE TOTE (large - $80.00) This lifesaver has gone through two NYFW seasons with me and this amazing print makes it easy to spot backstage, in the sea of black bags. Made from protective neoprene material, this heavy duty duffle tote is the perfect carry-on item for any weekend trip. Available in small, medium and large, has large compartments and a zip top closure to keep all items secure.Flat bottom design, this travel essential stays in the upright position when filled and lays flat when not in use. 


Took my BuiltNY tote last NYFW in February and this past season last week


2. SMYTHSON RUNWAY NOTES NOTEBOOK ($110 smythson.com) from the Smythson pocket notebooks collection "Runway Notes Notebook" is perfect to keep track of shows and presentations and jot down notes from backstage interviews. Lambskin cover, 192 pages and the cover says it all: New York, London, Milan, Paris!

3. PALMERS COCOA BUTTER FORMULA HEEL REPAIR ($6.49 drugstore.com)  I kept my feet soft and hydrated, with the perfect problem-solution product specifically formulated for dry, cracked heels and feet. In a convenient no-mess stick applicator, this product is a must-have to repair dry skin patches caused by summer month activities.


4. TRAVALO REFILLABLE PERFUME SPRAY ($9.99 Target) Refillable atomizer spray that fills from your standard sized perfume, so you can carry your favorite scent on the go!



5. NEUTROGENA NORWEGIAN FORMULA HAND CREAM ($3.99 Target stores) Hold my hands up with my camera ready to point-and-shoot backstage was no problem. Glycerin-rich formula that combats cracking and peeling while moisturizing dry cuticles and improving the look and feel of hands.


6. IOMA SOOTHING GEL FOR LEGS ($75 exclusively at Saks) Running from show to show all over the city, or from tent to tent at Lincoln Center were pure torture on my legs and feet. This amazing cooling gel from IOMA reduces water retention by regulating micro-circulation, while soothing sore, achy legs and strengthening vein walls. Your heavy legs feel lighter and refreshed instantly.


7. IOMA FLASH YOUTH EYE CONTOUR CONCENTRATE ($165 exclusively at Saks) I woke up my tired, puffy eyes with this invigorating "eye hangover remedy!" Say goodbye to droopy eyelids, dark circles and puffiness with this caffeinated concentrate that tingles long after you apply it. Featuring a 3% record breaking level of Caffeine to reduce puffiness and the color of dark circles and a high 26% cocktail of active ingredients for a tingling effect. I looked bright-eyed and ready to go, despite being exhausted beyond belief.

8. IT WORKS! LIP & EYE MOISTURIZING GEL ($49 itworksglobal.com) Perfect 2-in-1 that fits in your purse for on-the-go touch-ups! One product that's infused with green tea and aloe brightens and rejuvenates both your eyes and lips. 


9. PANASONIC HEATED EYELASH CURLER ($32 shop.panasonic.com) Morning when I headed to Lincoln Center for a 6:00 am call, mascara was the last thing on my mind, so this heated eyelash curler (with a rotating comb head) saved the day! My lashes were separated and looked as if I had applied mascara. Perfect to give my eye serums time to kick in and a few times, I actually went without mascara. Battery operated, fits in your purse in a snap!


10. EVERYDAY GLO TEETH MAINTENANCE PEN ($25 Sephora.com) Your smile is the best curve and with all the caffeine necessary to keep you going through fashion week, teeth whitening is a must so my motto was: #KeepCalmAndGLOon


11. EAU THERMALE AVENE THERMAL SPRING WATER ($7.00 Dermstore.com) Calming and hydrating mist that soothes and protects skin, especially after all the hairspray I was around backstage at every show. Infused withe minerals and natural thermal water, this lightweight spray provides a moisture barrier and reduces irritation. 


12. SUPERSMILE ULTIMATE LIP TREATMENT ($24 Supersmilestore.com) Formulated with Supersmiles patented H5X® Replenishing Complex, my lips received hours of Hydration during Fashion Week! A proprietary blend of hydrating and anti-aging technologies help diminish the appearance of fine lines while providing long-lasting hydration and restoring lips to a healthy and youthful fullness. My lips were hydrated while inflammation was reduced. Even better than the hydration is the Vanilla Almond flavor. 


These were the products in my bag during my NYFW marathon madness, but once I got home, my skin needed some R&R! Perfective Ceuticals Diving Brightening Mask ($39 5-pack) a paper mask believe it or not, helped give me that pick-me-up I needed. 



As seen in ELLE, Marie Claire and Cosmopolitan, this unique paper mask injects over 1,000 times its weight in moisture into the skin while seven clinically broken botanical extracts brighten skin and collagen reduces wrinkles while plumping. The active ingredients in the mask help give a youthful, dewy glow that shows off true radiance. For more information or to purchase, visit perfectiveceuticals.com

~Evelyn Lugo

No comments:

Post a Comment