_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: My #ClassicClean Skincare Must-haves

Translate

Sunday, May 31, 2015

My #ClassicClean Skincare Must-haves

ST. IVES & NOXZEMA: 
MY GO-TO SKINCARE FOR 27 YEARS

Re-designed Apricot Scrub & 2009 Noxzema tub (yes, still have it!) 
I remember the day back in the 7th grade, when our gym teacher stopped us from playing volleyball and asked all the girls to sit down for a special class (the boys had their own at the basketball courts that day), promising goodies for all at the end. That day, PE turned into a discussion on health, beauty and more. We were all given small gift bags with feminine and skincare products and it was right then and there, that I was introduced to Noxzema - and I was instantly hooked! Pre-teen hormones had my forehead filled with breakouts and they cleared up overnight - keeping my skin breakout-free for years to come. I was already using St. Ives Apricot Scrub after seeing it in YM (Young & Modern magazine. Remember that?) I had exfoliating down pact, but was still missing something. It was that tingling, fresh face feeling I got whenever I used Noxzema. 
90's St. Ives Apricot Scrub & Noxzema tubs
100 years of Noxzema (pics, courtesy of Noxzema)
I was 11 years old, but from that moment on I would use my weekly allowance to purchase skincare and hair products, ensuring that St. Ives Apricot Scrub and Noxzema (who is 100 years old) were always on hand. One of my dresser drawers were even filled with perfectly organized products (not clothing.) My mother would even say "when you grow up, you're going to fill an entire bathroom with products, watch and see!" Safe to say that she was somewhat right: I don't just have an entire bathroom, I now have a product room. Skincare has always been my obsession, which lead to a passion where today I have the pleasure of attending amazing product launch events with St. Ives (check out my past post here.)

St. Ives Halloween Scrub-off event - October 2013...

...scary and sexy goodies alike go from "Naughty to Natural"

2014 World of St. Ives event

While I receive hundreds of skincare products for review (all for free), not everything I use is expensive, yet worth every penny (I know, I know - I don't have to pay for it.) Still, I do have my "tried and true" favorites, that I can't live without and still use. St. Ives Apricot Scrub and Noxzema, are definitely it. They have worked very well for me, long before all the pricey brands came along - they're my must haves and my skin looks great at 38! 

~Evelyn Lugo

No comments:

Post a Comment