_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: BOOKS, SPA & CHARITY: RHONY AVIVA DRESCHER, RED DOOR SPA, LIVE4LIFE FOUNDATION

Translate

Sunday, May 11, 2014

BOOKS, SPA & CHARITY: RHONY AVIVA DRESCHER, RED DOOR SPA, LIVE4LIFE FOUNDATION

LEGGY BLONDE: A MEMOIR 
BY AVIVA DRESCHER
LIVE4LIFE FOUNDATION & RED DOOR SPA
With all the writing, work, deadlines and events in my life, I actually do find some down time and the way I love to spend it, is reading! My latest was a memoir by The Real Housewives of New York City's own Aviva Drescher: Leggy Blonde: A Memoir. Forget what you see on the show, this book drew me in and made me understand and respect this woman on a deeper level. From losing her foot in a tragic barn accident at age six, insane attempts to reattach it, Aviva Drescher even answers questions regarding her prostheseis, proving that she not only knows pain, but sure endured it over and over again.



I made sure to get my copy signed and suggest to pick up a copy of her book, to learn more than what you see and hear on reality TV, a deeper look into her past: childhood, relationships and more. The book launch was hosted by Red Door Spa to benefit the Live4Life Foundation, a non-profit organization that benefits research at Memorial Sloan-Kettering, where guests got manicures, make-up tips and even enjoyed cake (yes, I sure did, lol!) 

Truly a no-holds-barred memoir, jam-packed with truths, turbulence and torment. If you're a fan of the show, I suggest you pick up a copy and see for yourself!

~Evelyn Lugo

No comments:

Post a Comment