_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: Scar Care: KELOIDS

Translate

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Scar Care: KELOIDS

SCARS: My top 5 Scar care top picks!

In an industry where beauty is skin deep, scars aren't considered pretty and many hide them. I've never been ashamed of mine, despite being  "blessed" with keloid scarring (raised, dome-shaped scars.)  I have 3: my chest, right arm and right groin and I go strapless JUST like any model on the RUNWAY! 

Smiles for Miles! You can see the difference on each half of my scars.
Back in June 1997 while I was 2 months pregnant, I was shot in the arm that left me with a bullet lodged in my chest today. I endured a 6-hour, life-saving surgery that required a bypass and a vein transferred from my groin, to my arm and chest.



I've call my scars my little "caterpillar's" but I'm sure not everyone shares my enthusiasm, lol! Many cover up their scars - I sure don't!

I've used pretty much any and every scar remedy out there, even catching the eye of NOVO SCAR MD, who will use my pictures and testimonial. I'm more than honored, as you can clearly see the difference in my scars (well the half I used it on.) I used NOVO SCAR MD (available by prescription) for 2 months on half of my chest scar, the half leading towards my armpit and you CAN see a difference. My scar is thinner, lighter and softer: "like it never happened!" 

NOVO Scar MD
Here are a few other amazing scar skin care products:
Scar care ARSENAL!
 

Scar Away Silicone Scar Sheets: ($19.99, 8 standard sized sheets, 1 month supply) Available at CVS, Walgreens, Rite Aid, Duane Reade,and other fine retailers. 


Kelo-cote Advanced Formula Scar Gel: ($29.99 10g or $39.99 60g, for larger scars) Fast-drying gel, formulated with Siliclear Complex. Relieves itching and pain in some scars. www.kelocote.com


Bio-Oil ($11.99 2 oz. or $19.99 4.2 oz) Product choice of the Red Cross Children's Hospital for the treatment of burn scars, perfect for stretch marks, uneven skin tone and scars. Contains vitamins, natural plant oils and breakthrough ingredient PurCellin Oil, Vitamins, Lavender and Chamomile extracts. Bio-Oil is the #1 selling scar and stretch mark product in 11 countries: UK, Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Botswana, Canada, Kenya, Malaysia, Namibia, Netherlands and Swaziland. Great for burns and sunburn too! Hypo-allergenic, non-acnegenic and suitable for ALL SKIN TYPES! Available at drugstores nationwide.


Capri Clear Spray-on Moisturizer ($16.99 5.4 fl oz or $6.99 for 1.6 TSA-friendly travel size.) For the DRIEST and most sensitive skin, especially eczema, during the harsh winter months. Formulated with natural ingredient COCONUT OIL, free of fragrances, dyes, PABA, parabens, gluten, sulfates, preservatives and additives, each bottle proudly displays the National Eczema Association Seal of Acceptance! A spray-on, all natural moisturizer created by a dermatologist. Safe for use on babies, kids and adults. Available at: ULTA, Bed Bath & Beyond, Harmons, Amazon.com, Drugstore.com and more. www.capriclear.com 


~Evelyn Lugo

3 comments: