_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: NYFW SS' 14: Admired & Desired

Translate

Friday, November 22, 2013

NYFW SS' 14: Admired & Desired

Hey Dolls, 

In the 2 years I've been writing, I've come across HUNDREDS of beauty products to the point where I feel as if I LIVE IN A WALK-IN BEAUTY CLOSET, have made tons of contacts and have certainly endured my share of disappointments. What really makes me smile, is having "higher-ups" not only recognize me, but REMEMBER ME and come to my aid when I need them the most. Many remember my creative antics at NYFW backstage, when I'm crawling around or under make-up artists - just to "get that shot!" That has earned me my very own "cheering squad" at the MBFW Office (love ya!)


Vogue's Grace Coddington
Well, yesterday I was reminded at just how adored I am and how many EYES are on me and my pages. To get an email from a million dollar beauty company, is amazing! Not sure if it's "Google Alert" or just good old fashioned support, but many came through for me without my having ask. 


Make-up GURU KABUKI!

See, when I was accidentally whacked on the head by a photographer (11 stitches) during fashion week during the BCBGMAXAZRIA S/S '14 Fashion Show, I didn't just make contacts, I earned admiration and respect from many - even Max Azria himself, when I kept going, refusing to go to the hospital, because I still "had 11 shows to go today...and it's only 10am!!!" (also, shaving my head where stitches were required, WAS OUT OF THE QUESTION!) Not gonna lie, it hurt like hell, but I "kept on keepin' on!" ^_^ 

BCBG & Hervé Léger designer Max Azria  (after my head whacking incident) 
One of the most memorable moments, was when Diane Von Furstenberg was leaving her show once it ended, said she "loved my hair" and saw me looking around to see if anyone could take a picture of us together, said: "oh come on dear, let's selfie it!" I almost died!!


Selfie with Diane Von Furstenberg
There is no bigger blessing than attending a Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Show...and I got lucky!
The handsome Nigel Barker
 In all, coming from "out-of-nowhere", or as many say "shooting up quickly" didn't exactly happen overnight. It's a never-ending work in progress, where I learn more and more as each day progresses!

Designer Jill Stuart
~Evelyn Lugo

No comments:

Post a Comment