_LZcMkAanuKJ2fbFY43u532hSQk Ev Curl Gurl: WTC Tattoo - 9/11 15th Anniversary

Translate

Saturday, September 10, 2016

WTC Tattoo - 9/11 15th Anniversary

MY 9/11 "NEVER FORGET" TATTOO
& WTC SURVIVOR STORY IN USA TODAY

Evcurlgurl.com


A few weeks ago, USA Today reached out to me regarding the 9/11 WTC "Never Forget tattoo" on my right wrist. While I was excited at the thought of it being featured, I couldn't hide the fact that a part of me was a extremely nervous. See, I knew that it meant telling my story as to why I decided on this tattoo; recounting the events of that dreadful day. It also meant facing my biggest fear, something that I had avoided for nearly 15 years: finally visiting the 9/11 memorial, the footprints of where the towers once stood. 


Evcurlgurl.com
My beloved tribute as a WTC survivor, on my right wrist
I said I would never go visit them, but somehow, the time finally felt right, and I am so glad USA Today was with me to capture this moment. Tomorrow marks the 15th anniversary and I will keep myself busy (thankful for NY Fashion Week to keep me busy and running around!) 

Evcurlgurl.com

"Reflecting Absence" indeed. Finally standing where my office (2 WTC) once stood...

Evcurlgurl.com

I am so honored and touched at the amazing job the USA Today team did, and yes, I did break down and cry the moment I finally stood in front of the 2 World Trade footprint for the first time (see the full interview and pictures here.) For those who don't know, I am a 9/11, 2 World Trade Center survivor (35th floor, only four months on the job with ABM as an administrative assistant). I will never forget, but I am so resilient because of that day. 

Evcurlgurl.com
Photo taken by USA Today for the 9/11 15th Anniversary
To see the amazing 9/11 tattoos featured in USA Today's amazing and heartfelt article, please visit: www.usatoday.com/story/news/2016/09/10/watch-incredibly-moving-911-tattoo-stories/90125184/

~Evelyn Lugo

No comments:

Post a Comment